How to Factory Reset Palo Alto Networks Device
- Connect the device to your Laptop/Computer through Serial Port using any Terminal Emulation Software (9600,8,n,1)
- Power on the device
- During the boot, type maint to enter maintenance mode.
- In PAN-OS 7.1, you have to choose maint from the boot menu.
- Once the device is booted in maint mode press Enter to continue
- Now you will see the Maintenance Recovery Tool Screen.
- In that, select Factory Reset and press enter.
- You will see the Warning Screen “Performing reset will remove all logs and configuration“.
- Select Factory Reset and press Enter again.
- This will reset the device to factory default
- Use admin/admin to login again.