Sophos UTM V7, V8, V 9,9.1,9.2, 9.3 utm 220 110 password recovery Procedure
How to Reset Sophos UTM WebAdmin Password
If you forget your Sophos Webadmin password and you know the root password, then you can login to the UTM through ssh or Direct console and reset the webadmin password.
- Login through Console or SSH as root. and enter the following comments
- Now go to the webconsole, this will show you the ‘Admin password setup‘ screen. There you can reset the admin account password.
- This procedure will also reset the SSH root password.
To change it back In the web console go to Management -> System Settings -> Shell Access -> Shell user passwords and enter a new root password
- Also you can use the following commend in the shell to change the password.
Reset Sophos root Password
If you forget both the root and webadming password, you can reset it by booting the device in single mode.
- Power on or reboot the UTM, wait until the GRUB boot loader starts
- In the grub menu immediately Press the ‘e’ button on the keyboard to edit the boot loader.
- Now select the kernel and press ‘e’ button to edit it
- Enter init=/bin/bash at the end of the line.
- Now press enter button to confirm the edit, this will go the the previous menu.
- Now press “b” button to boot the device in single mode.
- In the single mode Type:
Enter and re-enter a new password for the ‘loginuser’ account.
Enter and re-enter a new password for the root account.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot the UTM.
- Now go to the web console and follow the first procedure.