How to Modify User Password
To change the User / Admin Password Go to the URL : https://IPofFIRE:444/cgi-bin/chpasswd.cgi
And provide the User Name, Current Password and New Password.
Reset IPFire Admin Password
If you forget the Admin Password, then you can login to the SSH/Shell using root password and reset it
Reset IPFire root Password
If you forget the root password, you can reset the root password by booting the device in Linux Single Mode
- While booting in the grub menu press “E” button to edit the boot loader
2. Now Go the the kernel line and again press E Button to edit the kernel
Go to the end of the kernel line and enter the word Single (As shown below)
kernel /cmlinux-3.10.44-ipfire root=UUID=ac4d68ae-d366-4b2a-a743-753 panic=10 ro single
3. Now Press ENTER key to save the settings
4. Now press the b key to boot the device in single user mode
5. In the single user mode run the following command to change the root password
6. Now reboot the system.